McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
Established in 1910, McElhanney is a Canadian employee-owned company offering top-quality engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. At McElhanney, you are working within a strong team that is well-established in the local industry.
How To Apply
Please Log In to view this section. Not yet a member? Please Click Here to register.
Employers may also choose to share this information in the description below.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. seeks an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for our Courtenay, BC office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and talented individual to use their design and project management skill in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Geotechnical Project Engineering and/or Project Management role on a wide variety of transportation, municipal and resource related projects in diverse terrain and geological conditions
- Conducting field programs for geotechnical and civil projects including drilling and test pitting for geotechnical foundations and aggregate resource studies. Experience with materials testing in field and laboratory settings an asset
- Preparing designs and reports for geological/geotechnical related projects which meet stakeholders’ requirements.
- Preparation of proposals, assisting with business development, and assisting management as needed for planning and marketing initiatives
- University degree in Geotechnical/Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering with minimum 5 years’ progressive experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registration as a P.Eng. in BC, or eligible for registration
- Familiarity with computer modeling programs used to develop designs; knowledge of AutoCAD
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR MCELHANNEY
- Locally based office with strong community ties and very positive working environment
- We are proud to be a company of technical professionals managed by technical professionals
- Full benefits package, competitive salary, annual bonus eligibility and the potential to become an owner of the company
- An assortment of company-sponsored professional development activities
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all
Established in 1910, McElhanney is a Canadian employee-owned company offering top-quality engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. At McElhanney, you are working within a strong team that is well-established in the local industry. Our employees value working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and great team of professionals.
A beautiful and vibrant city on the east coast of Vancouver Island, Courtenay’s residents love its stunning scenery and recreational opportunities, as well as its affordability. World-class beaches are only a short drive away.
Your question or comment has been received. We will be in touch within the next business day.