We are now hiring for Dispatchers on a seasonal basis to work in our flight kitchen located in our Vancouver location. A Dispatcher is responsible for assembling an airline galley. All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines and while adhering to safety regulations.
Job Specific Requirements:
Some locations may require a Customs Seal from local airport authority; good communication skills reading/ writing
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
– work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
– work overtime when required
– complete paperwork and complex processes; have a keen sense for details
– communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
– follow directions
– work as a member of a team
High School Diploma or GED preferred
– Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
– This is a physically demanding position
– Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
– Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging – understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring – influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving – delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Apply on-line to www.gategourmet.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!