Black & Mcdonald
About Black & Mcdonald
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
How To Apply
Please Log In to view this section. Not yet a member? Please Click Here to register.
Employers may also choose to share this information in the description below.
The primary responsibility of the Dispatcher is to assist in maintaining a productive and efficient Service operation within the British Columbia Region. This will be accomplished through performance of dispatching and administrative duties ensuring that standard company procedures and specific instructions are followed. The Dispatcher will maintain JDE which would include posting of labour hours (time entry), equipment/materials and purchase orders to work orders, commenting and closing work orders, changing of work order statuses, maintaining asset data, managing work order back log, and completing through to invoicing the customers. This is a temporary position for a maternity leave coverage.
• Receive Demand Maintenance Requests from Customers
• Generate WO’s and PO’s
• Dispatch Technicians
• Time Entry (daily)
• Order Parts/Material
• Process Customer/Vendor invoices
• Update/Receive WO’s/PO’s
• Maintain On-Call Technician Schedule
• Adjust Mark-up Tables
• Track and Follow-up on Warrantee items
• Develop and Issue Invoices
• Develop/Issue Downtime Report
• Follow-up on aging receivables (60-90 days)
• Clear workfile revisions backlog (monthly)
• Issue tools/keys to Technicians
• Manage WO Exceptions report
• Manage PO’s on RNV Report and Truck Stock Refrigerant Inventories
• Salary Recovery for JDE
• Confidentiality Agreement
• Completion of college or other courses in Dispatching and Administration
• Knowledge of Black & McDonald Limited
• Thorough knowledge of Computer Programs and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and relate to technicians, customers and co-worker needs
Your question or comment has been received. We will be in touch within the next business day.