At its core, the job interview is essentially a sales meeting and you are both the salesperson and the product being sold. If you want to close the deal, you need to know your product inside and out. Use the questions below to really delve into a reflective understanding of your value proposition as a potential investment.
Some of the questions might seem outlandish, while others are quite common in typical interviews. However, the purpose of this list is to strengthen your own self-awareness so that you may confidently handle any curveball questions that may be thrown at you.
1. Who are you? Tell us about yourself?
2. Who is your mentor? And why did you choose them?
3. Dead or alive, name one famous person who you would like to have dinner with.
4. Who do you look up to into this industry?
5. Who are your competitors? And why?
6. What are your strengths?
7. What is your biggest weakness?
8. What specific skills do you have to offer over other candidates?
9. What are your short and long-term career goals?
10. What motivates you?
11. Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client or customer.
12. Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager or supervisor.
13. Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict within a team.
14. Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond your job description.
15. Tell us about a time in your career when you failed.
16. Where do you see yourself this same time, next year?
17. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
18. If you could teleport to any location in the world for 24 hours, where would you go?
19. Why do you want to work for this company?
20. Why did you choose your major or focus of studies?
21. Why did you choose this career path?
22. Why do you want to leave your previous employer
23. Why do you think we should choose you?
Would you like to add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.